Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Cup Half Full

Photobucket

This is my attempt at some poetry. One of my first. I wrote this tonight during chapel...

"A Cup Half Full"

The cup is half full and we are content to settle,

We climbed our hills and call them mountains,

Like a raging river constricted to a trickle,

Or a mighty lion, once wild, We're tamed, living mild,

The cup is half full, sadly this is normal.


The cup is half full, but I won’t settle,

We climb ours hills, but I WANT MOUNTAINS.

I want to RAGE like a river and BREAK through walls,

To live like a lion, not tamed nor mild, but once again WILD,

The cup is half full, but I want more.


The cup is half full, keep it coming,

We’ll jump off your cliffs and break through your walls,

All the roofs that hold us in, we’ll go through them.

We know God has so much more and we mean to have it.

The cup is half full; I won’t stop until we overwhelm it.

No comments:

Post a Comment